The why is important, much more so than what or how. We are values-driven as a business and we seek to work with others who share our desire to do good and improve our natural world.
Our business is guided by the following values:
- we believe that with simplicity comes clarity
- we take a long view, which allows us to choose quality over other drivers
- we are honest, ethical and fair, and treat others with respect
- we are reliable and accountable and believe in sharing our knowledge and experience
- we are innovative, and use technology to support our flexible and family-based culture
- having fun and a good sense of humour – is at least as important as having a serious approach to doing the work
- we strive to have a net-positive impact on our environment, which sustains all life on this planet
Proud to be a B Corp
Mud Environmental exists to contribute positively to our people, local community and environment. To this end, Mud has been a Certified B Corporation since 2016. The performance standards demanded of B Corps are comprehensive, transparent and verified and measure a company’s impact on all its stakeholders (workers, suppliers, community, customers and the environment).
From 2017-2019, Mud has been recognised on the Best for the Environment list for scoring in the top 10% among B Corps in terms of environmental stewardship, which we are pretty chuffed about.
We choose to purchase goods and services from fellow B Corps and actively seek to grow this network in Australia, championing, in particular, the role of businesses in environmental services.